Monday, February 2, 2009

It's the first day of the month, how are you starting yours?

It's February 1st and it's a Sunday. When I was still working in the Philippines, our start of the week when plotting schedules is usually Sunday by default. I just wanted to share... Hahahaha!

I was really looking forward to this Sunday. Apart form the fact that my parents are both home and we usually hear mass together and eat out afterwards, this is the day I usually get made up. I dress up, fix my hair and do my make up. Most of the week, you would see me in sweat pants when I go out or just wearing my PJs the whole day since I usually just stay home.

Oh by the way, I would have to warn you of the nonesense that I will be writing today. Well, it's not like I really made a lot of sense on my previous entries but what the heck, this is my space and I can write anything I want.

I finally got my hands on that much coveted Urban Decay Eye shadow Primer from Sephora. I have been dying to buy it online and found out that there was a store near us, 45 minutes away from our place, so instead of ordering online, I decided to just ask my Mom and brother to come with me and buy my kikay stuff. I only got to buy the primer, I ended up ordering the Make up Forever concealer palette onlline since the Sephora store we went to didn't carry that brand.

I also ordered new running shoes and should receive everything this week! I am also very excited to get the treadmill delivered here at home this coming Saturday! Yipee! After 10 years... We got a really good deal on that treadmill. =)

Anyhoo, we originally planned to hear mass at 8AM, I told my Dad I will try my best to wake up early. I ended up getting up at 8AM, late for the 8AM mass but really early for the 11AM mass. It's okay, at least I got to eat breakfast and had more time to prepare.

I am yet to perfect my smoky eyes. I tried but the black on my Sephora palette isn't as pigmented as I wanted it to be. I did not achieve the really dark black smoky look I was aiming for. It ended up looking like dark grey. I would have to give good feedback though on the Urban Decay eye shadow primer, it really made my eye shadow last longer without creasing or smudges.

My Mom and Dad were like, are you going to a party? What is up with the dark eye make up? I didn't care, today is one of the few days in a month I get to pretty-fy (I made that up) myself. My smoky eye didn't really look professionally done but at least, I didn't look THAT funny. I think I looked okay, see for yourself:



Turned out okay right? I mean I know it's not very promising but it's okay for a beginner like me. =)

After Mass, Dad decided to buy seafood so we went to this seafood store near where we used to live. We bought tilapia, hito (catfish) and squid. He really wanted to buy crabs, but the store only sell crabs every Tuesday so I guess we'll just get some next time.

Daddy really wanted seafood so bad, we ended up trying this seafood resto on the way home:



I think Daddy was expecting steamed crab legs, buttered shrimp and fresh oysters. I think he forgot that majority of seafood southern cooking is breaded and deep fried. He ordered shrimp po' boy (short for poor boy's sandwich), which is an open faced sandwich topped with lettuce, tomato, onion and breaded shrimp with mayo. Mom and I ordered seafood plate, I had oysters, shrimp and catfish.

Filipinos aren't used to deep fried oysters, this one is good though, I love the batter they used, I think it had cajun seasoning and that really gave the oysters a kick. I ordered mine with a side of fries.

Sorry i didn't take much photos today so I wasn't able to show what we ate, but it was good. Daddy liked what he ate even if it wasn't what he really wanted, he said he will just have steak for dinner and he did. =) We cooked meat we bought Saturday. =) Again, no pics of Miko's t-bone steak, roasted buttered potatoes with garlic and parsley, steamed broccoli and sweet corn. =(

I guess you can say my day was okay... I really hope it totally was, except for one major glitch which I would really rather not discuss in detail...

I wish life was less complicated and that all I had to talk and worry about is what I will do with my hair, what make up I will use or what I will cook for dinner, but I guess that's not the case.

As I stay here in Alabama longer, I am beginning to realize what my real purpose is. I guess I always rode with the flow, go wherever life takes me and eventually realie why I am at that place, at that moment. I am beginning to make that realization today... Beginning of February, month of love and month of the heart... Ironically, my dilemma involved the heart and love but not because I am date-less this coming Valentine's day but because... Well, of something else.

And I have to say that this one really "hits home"...

I hope all of you had a good start this month. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment