Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Roasted Lemon Pepper Chicken (Courtesy of LJ)

I just had to post this, I tried this yesterday for dinner and it was a big hit! =) I got this from a previous co-worker of mine, I made a few adjustments. =)

Ingredients:
Leg Quarters (I hate chicken breasts and I don't care how much better health-wise it is! Hahahaha!)

Marinade:
Worcestershire Sauce

Rub:
1 tbsp. ground red pepper
1 tbsp. ground cayenne pepper (you may add more if you want it to be spicier)
1 tbsp. season all (McCormick)
1 tbsp. ground black pepper
1 tbsp. garlic powder
1 tbsp. dried parsley (fresh is better but this is the only one I have)
1 tbsp. lemon pepper seasoning


Other ingredients:
extra virgin olive oil

Directions:
Marinate the chicken in Worcestershire sauce and a drizzle of olive oil. Make sure that they are well-coated. Set aside and let it sit for about 10 minutes.

Combine all ingredients for the rub in a small bowl. Coat the chicken with the rub. Place in a roasting pan and let it sit for a few minutes, make sure you include the marinade as well.

Preheat oven to about 350ºF for about 10 minutes. Bake the chicken for about 30-45 minutes. When you see that the chicken is getting dry, baste it with the marinade in the roasting pan.

What I do is after about 45 minutes, I lower the heat to 200ºF and bake it for another 45 minutes, again remember to baste the chicken. The chicken turned out well cooked inside, the meat practically fell off the chicken and it didn't run out dry.

I served the chicken straight from the oven, my family just can't get enough of it and used the pan drippings as sauce. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment