Saturday, April 25, 2009

Things to look forward to in May 2009

Today is the last Saturday of April and I am really hoping that May will be a much better month for me. I browsed online to see what's in store for me and my fabulous friends for the month of May.

Being a Catholic, I was taught not to believe Fortune Tellers or Horoscopes. It's really not like I make my life and daily tasks revolve around reading about my future, I just read it just to give me more or less an idea on how my month could possibly be like. I know that whatever happens in the future would be dependent on what I do today and that life is always a matter of choice for me. If I want my future to be good, I choose to do good today, that is what I believe in. So I guess I just read these horoscopes for kicks.

So what does May 2009 have for me? I checked Astrology Zone by Susan Miller but for some reason she still has April 2009 so I Googled for May 2009 Horoscope and came across Horoscope.com (http://horoscopes.horoscope.com/monthly_horoscopes/May09horoscopes.html)

LIBRA

It may seem a little early in the year to be thinking about taking a vacation, but the planets indicate that this is the best time for you to travel. You are in the mood for soaking up some culture making this month a period of intense personal growth band learning for you.

I like this, short and sweet! The question is, where do I get the funds to travel... Recession is a b!tch! Although I do remember joining a contest at Forever 21 and if I win, I get to go to Greece! Totally keeping my fingers crossed, who knows? And besides, Mom and brother will be going back home to the Philippines for vacation, that already is a lot moolah! I will check back Astrology Zone, it's more detailed.

Which reminds me, that is something to look forward to for the coming month. I am gonna miss them both but that also means goodies and "pasalubongs" from the Philippines! I bet Laloy, Diane and my sister and her family are all looking forward to seeing Mommy end of May! :)

I was already making a list of what Mommy should bring back here from the Philippines. I'm also little by little buying stuff to send to my dearest friends and for my baby chabelita Ysabella. I was talking to my bestfriend Diane and I was telling her what I want Mommy to bring back here for pasalubong from Pinas:

  • R. Lapid's Chicharon with Laman (cardiac delight!)
  • Longganisang Lucban
  • Vigan Longganisa (I am not sure if it's the same as Lucban, but it's really good!)
  • Jamaican Patties (I asked Laloy if she thinks it's possible for them to sell us frozen ones or Mom could just buy them before she leaves Manila)
  • Likas Papaya Soap (No, I am not aspiring to be mestiza white, I just like it because it evens out my skin tone. Kahit di maputi, pantay naman ang kulay.)
  • Kojic Acid Soap (It really helps lighten my pimple scars, not that I have a lot of pimples, I rarely get them and it leaves nasty scars kase ginagalaw ko. I miss my Dermatologist...)
  • SkinWhite Whitening Lotion (Trust me, it doesn't do much in lightening my skin, I just like how it evens out my skin tone and it has SPF as well)
  • Danggit (Best with sinangag, kamatis and fried egg! YUMMY!)
  • Becky's Kitchen Choco Walnut Fudge Brownies
  • Taba ng Talangka (OMG! Isa pang cardiac delight! Hahahaha!)
  • Atchara (We can make it here but I'm too lazy to do so... Hahahaha!)
  • Magic Sing (Yes, I love videoke!)
  • Max's Caramel Bars
  • Sylvanas (OMG!)

And the list goes on... I know I will still have a lot more at the last minute. Not to forget also those clothes and accessories I bought from Multiply which I had shipped to sister dear in Pinas. Yipee! Come to think of it, this is a lot of stuff! Mom might as well just buy me ticket to go with her, kidding... Hehehehe!

Another reason to be excited about May is the birthday of 2 of the most important women in my life: my Grandma Conching (bless her soul) and my niece Bella. Their birthdays are only 3 days apart, we will also be celebrating my Lola's loving memory on Bella's 1st birthday on May 29th, Lola's birthday is on the 26th.

Ysabella the "Diva Baby"

On May 1st, Faith 21 will finally be available in the market! So what is Faith 21? I will be blogging about it soon...


All you Forever 21 lovers who have bodies that have "more to love" like me, you will definitely love this! I wish I still live in Cerritos... Will tell you why. :)

May looks very promising for all of us and I am hoping that it will be a lot better than April. I know that I may have missed out on other things to look forward to for the coming month, I will just blog about it along the way. ;)

Oh, it's also my good friend and ex-roommate Tessa's birthday this coming month! How I wish I can celebrate her birthday with her in beautiful California! Gosh I miss my life there! :(

On a slightly different note...

I have recently changed the layout of my blog site. :) How do you guys like it? Drop me a comment or feedback! Thanks! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment