Sunday, April 5, 2009

Purple Look from Sweet to Sexy, Day to Night (Sephora Palette)

I was watching ASAP '08 last night and saw Siti perform with other artists. I loved her look! I noticed that most of the performers that day were wearing purple-ish eye make up. Siti's look was a subtle purple, dominantly light just under the brows and she was wearing this deep purple lipstick. I wanted that look so I decided to try it out using my Sephora Palette.

After my attempt to look like Siti, I ended up with just a purple look which I can take from day to night by simply changing my lip color. From sweet to sexy or sultry! Hahahaha!

I had to turn on all the lights here to get that almost perfect lighting when I used my digital camera taking my close up pics. Oh, I have really curly hair today! Hahahaha! I did paper curls again and this time did it with my hair damp and again had it on overnight. Hope you like my semi-fro! I was workin' it and I would have to say that I am pretty satisfied with how it framed my face! Hahahaha!

MUA: Moi!
Hair: Moi!
Photographer: Moi!

In short, sariling sikap! No pain no gain! Bwahahaha! Montik na ako magka-kulane sa kili-kili kakukulot, and kakakuha ng angle sa camera!

And special mention to my consultant Laloy, she picked the pics I posted here! Yesss! She said 3 pics per lip color, I willingly obliged. I took a ton kase! Hahahaha!

For the face, I used MAC Studio Fix Liquid Foundation and to set, brushed over my compact powder Studio Fix Foundation. My attempt to cover the imperfections, with the help of my ever reliable Make Up Forever Concealer Palette. Eye shadow from my Sephora Palette, sorry again, no specific color on my palette. I picked based on what I thought would look great for the combination. I used 4 different shades total fro sparkly white for highlighting and different shades of purple and magenta? Or fuchsia? Totally clueless! Hahahaha! Maybelline Waterproof liquid liner to line the top of my upper lashes, Loreal mascara (da best!), MAC eye pencil to water line the lower part of my eyes. Bobbi Brown shimmer compact in Peony, MAC Bronzing Powder and Body Shop Brilliance Powder for all over glow! Hahahah!

Phew! That was a lot!

The lip color, I will post before every pic of the look. Please note, same everything except for the lip color. A change in lip color took me from day to night for this look. =)

Lip color: from my NARS Love Set, Sex Machine Velvet Matte Lip Pencil and Pillow Talk Lip Gloss

Pa-sweet!
Why so serious?
As much as I try to look sweet and wholesome, the name of the lip color suggests otherwise. Cool huh? Hahahaha!

Lip color: Viva Glam 1 from MAC (my fave!)

My new profile pic! aahhahahah!
Smile a little? Hahahaha!

The supposedly sexy look's lip color sounds more wholesome than the other one! Hahahaha!

Well, there's my attempt to imitate Siti's look! Hope you like it! Hahahaha! I love my curly hair, so easy to maintain, so hard to make nga lang... Ahahahahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment