I recently went makeup shopping last Tuesday with my ever supportive and loving baby brother. (Please see entry I made about this... Link at the bottom. :)
First off is my haul from Cosmetics Company Outlet in Tanger Outlet, Foley, Alabama. The outlet is 45 minutes away from our place in Mobile, AL. The store itself is not very hard to find, it's near the main entrance of Tanger, at the right side.
I was very excited to go to CCO! I have been to Tanger a couple of times before but I have never really noticed CCO, probably because I only found out about CCO recently. They carry items from Estee Lauder, Clinique, Bobbi Brown, Prescriptives and of course, MAC. I don't really remember seeing other brands there since these were the only brands I looked at.
I had 2 goals when I visited CCO: to buy the MAC 187 brush at a cheaper price and get that lovely Carbon eyeshadow I saw on YouTube being used by "whatstyleistonickel. I wasn't very lucky finding the 187 brush there, they didn't have it and all they had were mostly eyeshadow brushes and just one type of face brush which I believe was a blush brush. There were other brands of brushes there but I was really dead set on getting that MAC brush.
Mineralize eyeshadow duo in Hot Contrast and Mineralize Skinfinish in Medium Dark.
I would say that I got a great deal for these. Remember that I originally was looking for the Carbon Eyeshadow but they did not have it since I believe that it's still a regular item in MAC stores? Well, I found something better in the Mineralize eyeshadow duo in Hot Contrast.
The Hot Contrast is a combination of 2 shades, one half is just black with little flecks of shimmer (very fine) and the other is a dark greyish silver shade. You can even combine the 2 to make it shinier or darker or lighter, whichever you want. I was only really after the black shade since I have been longing to perfect the black smokey eye look and I definitely found it in this duo.
The black is very intense, highly pigmented. It is also very buildable, apply as much as you want to either make it really intense or not too much. It is not powdery as well which means you only get the amount you want based on how you dip your brush. Very blendable as well! I tried it on by itself, next time, I will try it with the other color:
See how black that is? It's not too dark for my taste, I still had to put a little more and blend it to hide those small lines on my lid. Hee hee! I just jad to show you guys how perfect the shade is. :) I got the black shade I want plus another shade and it's much much cheaper than the Carbon Eyeshadow which was only one shade!As for the Mineralize Skinfinish in Medium Dark, I was very lucky to find it because it's the last one they have! Hahahaha! This one is an like an all-over shimmer powder, highlighting powder and finishing powder as well. It was a perfect shade for my skin and not too shimmery that it'll highlight my pores and stuff! :) Gives your skin that dewy look! Reminds me of that shimmer powder with brush I bought from Body Shop, although the one from Body Shop is more shimmery. (picture will be at the end of the entry ;)
I guess my trip to CCO wasn't bad after all! Since we still had a lot of time, I asked my brother if we can drop by the nearest Dillard's to see if they have the 187 brush available. Our first Dillard's in Eastern Shore didn't have a MAC counter so our last stop was the Dillard's at the Colonial Mall which is our local mall. :)
I know I was only supposed to buy the 187 but I ended up buying 2 other things:
MAC 187 Brush, MAC Sheertone Shimmer Blush in Dollymix and Lipglass in Viva Glam VI
I have been hearing a lot of good reviews about the MAC 187 brush. A lot of people say it's very versatile, good for both powder and liquid foundation and that it gives an airbrush finish. I have a Studio Fix Liquid Foundation with SPF 15 in my kit and although it's very blendable, I think it's more efficient if I apply it using a brush. I already have a basic brush set but I didn't have a good foundation brush and after researching the best one out there, I decided to get this one since they say it's the best. I would have to say that I wasn't disappointed! It allowed even coverage of the foundation on my face, I used it to blend concealer as well and it worked as great. I applied powder foundation to set my face, I was just amazed, it does look like it's airbrushed. :) You can control the coverage as well, I made sure I didn't over do it. (picture at the end of this entry :)
As for the blush, I love the cute pink shade with fine gold shimmer. I didn't get to wear this when I was trying out my new stuff since I opted to use the NARS Orgasm blush which worked well with the dark eye makeup (it's on the peachy side). I bought this because I wanted something with a pink shade and would match my complexion, it's hard to find a pink shade for me but I love it. Gives you a cute pinkish flush with the right amount of shimmer. Will make a look wearing this and since it's a MAC product, it's really good, color is intense, very easy to apply and blend.
And lastly, the Lipglass in Viva Glam VI. I love MAC's Viva Glam line, very sultry and classic colors! I tried this lipglass shade on an online/virtual makeover at http://www.instyle.com/makeover and I immediately fell in love with the shade! Good as it is or you can put it on top a red or pink lipstick. :)
So how much did I spend for everything in total? Around $120 which already includes our snack! Hahahaha! Definitely not bad since I got a lot of MAC makeup, it definitely doesn't come cheap but it's worth it. ;)
Excuse the messy hair, definitely not a good hair day! Hahahaha! I am yet to perfect the smokey eye look, I just find it soooo fierce! Hee hee! ;)
Please check out my previous post:
http://luckygirlapple.blogspot.com/2009/04/bromance-and-makeup.html

No comments:
Post a Comment