Saturday, June 6, 2009

I am still Daddy's Girl :)

I am back!

Gosh, after almost a month, I am finally writing another entry. I've been doing a lot of stuff lately which most of it, I would rather not tell you.

There are some things though that I would like to share with you to give you a little update about my not so colorful life. Ahahahaha! As I have mentioned in my previous post, Mother dear and baby bro are on vacation in the Philippines. Mom left May 26th and brother on May 28th. I know, I know, you're probably wondering why they had to leave on different dates. Mom was not supposed to go but decided at the last minute so she ended up picking a different date because baby bro's flight is sold out. Mom should be back home June 15th, brother on the 18th. The difference again in date has a different reason this time: brother wants to stay longer for his girlfriend's birthday, Mom of course, can only stay for 2 weeks because of work. There you go.


So that leaves me and my Dad here. I have never been alone with my Dad this long. When we were still very young, we would spend a lot of time with him, but that's me and my sister and Daddy. Mom worked in the morning and Dad in the evening. I was so young then, I guess I wouldn't have much "memories" from that time. Then my Dad started working overseas so much of our growing up years were spent away from Daddy dearest. He would come home like a couple times a year, stay not longer than a month, again, we never really had one on one time.

And now, I am alone with Daddy. This is the longest in my adult life that I got to spend with my Dad. I was used to just having my Mom around and to only talking to Dad on the phone or writing him every now and then. Surprisingly, Dad and I never ran out of stuff to talk about. I started to appreciate the things he love to do: have dinner early and tune in to Fox News as soon as he gets home. Then he would switch to TFC and watch Game K N B and he would shout out the answers as if he's a contestant. He would be pissed if the contestants use their back to base, pasagot and freeze powers prematurely! My Dad's a riot! I always have fun watching him and listening to his commentaries, he's very opinionated and has something to say about almost anything he sees on TV! Honestly, I see a lot of myself in my Dad. I never thought I would be this close to my Dad in spite of the distance that kept us apart all those years.

I admit, I was a bit worried when I learned that Mom will go on vacation with my brother. My shopping partner, my driver, my buddy is leaving for the Philippines??? Who will give me shopping money? What will I do with Daddy? What if I get hungry middle of the night and want to get burger? I always had my Mom to turn to for midnight snacks and quick trips to the mall. Surprisingly though, I am having a great time with my Dad. :)

Apart from the stuff I mentioned, here are other fun things I did with Daddy:

- He was craving for seafood after days of eating chicken wings (we bought a lot from Sam's before Mommy left! Ahahahah) so he decided to have dinner at China Super Buffet (our favorite Sunday lunch place). He knew that I never had crawfish before, so he got some, and had me taste it. Take note: he peeled them for me! Isn't that sweet?

- We went to Sam's Club afterwards, I found this assorted bag of chocolates and asked him if I could buy it, he said NO. We went to Walmart afterwards to buy some more stuff, then I asked him again for the bag of chocolates, he finally said yes! Ahahahaha! Only because I was already at the cashier and he was already waiting for me outside. Ahahahaha!

- Fridays are usually spent watching movies On Demand. Last night, we watched 2 Al Pacino movies: Righteous Kill and Scarface. I have never seen both movies, I also found out that Scarface is one of my Dad's favorite movies and we both love Al Pacino.

- Who said I cannot talk my Dad into buying me midnight snack??? We had McDonald's to go before we started watching Scarface. I was really craving for nuggets, thanks Dad for the treat! Hee hee! Dad had 2 snack wraps, and mind you, grilled chicken, not fried! Wow! Healthy living? I don't think so! ahahahaha!

We still have a few days more until Mom comes back. I am really happy to be able to spend quality time with my Dad, it reminded me once again how lucky I am to have an awesome Dad like him. I am not going to enumerate positive adjectives about him because I know I will just run out of words and they would not be enough to tell the world how thankful I am God gave me to the best parents for me! Hee hee! (Emote!)

And of all months in the year, it is this month that we got to spend one on one time together, and this month, as we all know is Fathers' Day. I was thinking of the best gift to give my Dad for Father's Day and God gave me the best answer. Nothing can compare to time well spent with Dad, I am thankful that I got to take care of him while Mom's on vacation. I never really got to this before and I am really happy for the opportunity. :)


One thing's for sure, I am still a Daddy's Girl! I love you Daddy, advance Happy Fathers' Day to you. I am thankful for another Fathers' Day spent with you and hoping and praying for a lot more to come!


Now I can't wait to eat crawfish again tomorrow... Hee hee! Buffet again? I thought Daddy wanted me to diet? Ahahahha!

No comments:

Post a Comment