Tuesday, May 12, 2009

I Miss Conti's Baked Salmon...

I love Conti's! Their baked salmon is a staple in our family dinners and reunions! It has been a long time since I ate this dish and I have been trying to figure out how to cook it. My brother has a recipe he learned from a friend, kind of the same but doesn't quite taste as good. (No offense baby bro, I still love it when you cook! Hehehehe!)


We were at Sam's Club the other day, doing some grocery shopping when I came across this huge, beautiful filet of salmon! I told my Mom to get one, I will try to make baked salmon ala Conti's!

I was trying to figure out the ingredients, thanks to Google, I was able to find a recipe that claims to taste like the one Conti's serves. I made a few adjustments to it and opted not to put Ritz crackers on top. I honestly could not remember if it had ground crackers on top, there must be a purpose for that but I would rather not include it. The salmon, still turned out excellent!

I swear, it's so good, as good as the one you can get from Conti's! Try cooking it and serve it to your family, they would think that you bought it from Conti's! PROMISE! Well, that is if they have tasted the one from Conti's... Hee hee! Either way, this will be a hit as much as it is with my family! :)

You can substitute the salmon with tilapia or any white fish, this will still taste as good. :) Also, there was once recipe that used cream cheese, I will definitely try that next time, cream cheese is very tasty. :)

Ingredients:
  • Big Salmon Filet (can be skin in or skinless, I used the skinless one) about 3-4 lbs.
  • Juice of 1 Lemon
  • 1 1/2 stick of salted butter (you're free to add more but I would have to warn you, it'll be very oily)
  • Garlic Salt
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • Mayonnaise (enough to cover the fish as topping)
  • 6 cloves of Garlic, minced (add more if desired)
  • 1 cups grated Parmesan Cheese
  1. Grease a large baking dish, enough to hold the salmon, to make sure the fish doesn't stick when baking. Season both sides with salt and pepper then place, skin side, in baking dish.
  2. Sprinkle top with garlic salt. Combine juice of 1 lemon and butter, microwave to melt and then pour over the fish. Set aside.
  3. Mix Mayonnaise, minced garlic and 1 cup of Parmesan Cheese then spread mixture on top of the salmon. Pre heat oven at 500 degrees F, make sure oven is at that temperature before baking the fish.
  4. Sprinkle remaining 1 cup of Parmesan Cheese on the salmon. Bake for at least 20 minutes at that 500 degrees F. When you see the topping turn golden brown, lower the heat to 370 degrees F and bake for another 15 minutes.

I served this with steamed veggies (broccoli, cauliflower and carrots) which I seasoned with a little butter, garlic salt and Parmesan cheese (to match the flavor of the salmon).

I will definitely cook this again! Feels like home! :)

Oh, I shall now call this dish Parmesan Baked Salmon! ;) Why? I think that's really how it's called! Ahahahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment