Saturday, March 28, 2009

Sweet Home Albama: Hurricane Season

Right now, instead of writing this blog entry directly on my blog site, I had to write it on Word Processor and then just copy it later on. It’s almost 3AM here, I have no internet connection. It’s been raining really hard since yesterday and it’s not just your ordinary rain, my Dad said it’s hurricane season.

I have experienced summer, heat waves, snow, rainy season, spring, floods in Manila, hale, typhoons. It’s technically spring right now but this is the first time I’m experiencing hurricane season.

I was about to sleep when I suddenly heard little stones or rocks hitting my window, it must be THAT windy outside. My blinds are closed but if you look at my window, you’ll see lights flashing as if there are paparazzi outside. After the flashing lights, you’ll hear the sound of thunder, so loud it’s scary. Now I remember that lightning comes first then thunder afterwards. Lightning doesn’t make a loud sound, thunder does. *LOL*

The lights went out for less than 5 seconds as I was typing this entry. Good thing I have the presence of mind to unplug my laptop from the charger, I do not have a surge protector. Now I understand why we had to up sell those surge protectors when I was still working for Dell. They’re really useful in places experiencing hurricane season, and now I know that Alabama is one of them. Note to self: buy a surge protector.

Come to think of it, it has been raining for 3 days straight but with little breaks in between. Tonight though is the worst, weather man said that we are expecting bad weather coming from both the east and the west, so I guess they clashed right at this moment. We were watching the news last night and there were damages to properties, a house collapsed, trees fell down, windows shattered, thank God our house can withstand the weather. I wonder though how tough my window is? I better keep my blinds closed just in case.

I am just thankful that a real hurricane has never been to our part of Alabama. Remember Hurricane Katrina? That was the worst ever!

I will try to sleep now even though I am a bit worried because the window is like really near my face. I wish the lightning, thunder and strong winds would just go away, I am perfectly fine with just ordinary rain.

Dear Lord, thank you for always keeping us safe…

PAHABOL:

It's 2:45PM, it's sunny outside with no trace of rain, lightning or thunder. I guess Sweet Home Alabama is back to spring mode?

No comments:

Post a Comment