I opened it and found out they placed the 2 large suitcases inside 2 big boxes. Aaaahhh! Clever! I know kase na puputok na sa laki yung maleta namin, ang dami ko kasing gamit. Nakakaloka! In fairness hindi naman sumabog yung maleta, we had everything intact, padlocked and all. I immediately called my Aunt Nora to tell her I got everything and was wondering if Daddy called her, hindi naman daw, so I guess iba yung nabulyawan ni Daddy. I called Daddy, nakakahiya daw kase nagalit pa siya. Sabi ko naman pwede naman kase magtanong ng maayos, well that's Daddy eh! Hehehehe!
I should already be an expert at this... You know, moving and all. I mean from leaving the Philippines almost 2 years ago... (I wil be celebrating my second anniversary here in the US on April 7 of this year!) then moving from my Aunt's place to my Grandma's then moving to Cerritos from my Grandma and then moving to Glendale and then finally moving here to Alabama. The move to Alabama is definitely the toughest for me. Imagine all the stuff I managed to acquire from the time I came here to the US. I even had to discard some old clothes and shoes. Good thing my Aunt Carol and I have the same shoe size and most of my clothes and shoes fit her and my cousin Ina (Ina got my "skinny"clothes, I used to weigh a lot less back then...)
Damn Delta! I knew that I really had a lot of stuff to start with. I was under the impression that since there are 4 of us traveling back to Alabama, we would be able to bring a total of 8 baggages each. It turned out, only Mom, Dad and Miko are entitled to check in one free luggage. The second luggage for each of them will be 50 bucks each. As a one-way passenger to Alabama, I am not entitled to check in anything for free and that I would have to pay 15 bucks! Not to mention that for every excess pound, we wil be charged 25 bucks. 2 of my suitcases weigh 65 pounds, one box weighs 70 pounds. You want to know how much max is allowed per luggage?? 50 freakin' pounds!
My Uncle Vic had to take home 3 of our baggages. If you were paying attention to what I am writing the entire time, you know that I received 4 but why did we have only 3 rejected for door to door? I realized when we were about to leave that they left one of the Pamana balikbayan boxes at Aunt Carol's place... Buti na lang, ipapa-door to door namin... Whew!
Anyhoo, I managed to take a few pictures of the chaos that took place when my boxes arrived. Syempre mabigat sila and the FEDEX guy wasn't any help at all. He just left my pretty boxes in front after he rung the doorbell! So what I did was open all the boxes outside... Nakakaloka! Check out the mess I left sa harap ng bahay namin! Hehehehe!

After opening the boxes...

One down!

My maleta!

Ang mga sapatos... I gave away half of it na ha... Hehehehe!
Hindi lang syempre sa labas ang kaguluhan, pati sa loob ng bahay. Most of it nakatambak sa living room, I really didn't know where to put everything! Nakakaloka! Mom and I will be going to Walmart soon. Gotta buy something for my shoes, extra hangers, something for my clothes... Nakakaloka!



Saan ko naman ilalagay ang mga beautiful works of art ko??? Ahahahaa!
You should see my room! I took some pics but I decided not to post them anymore... Nakakahiya! Ahahahaha! You might think lalaki ang natutulog sa room ko, it's that gulo!
Well wish me luck! I need more time... Good thing weekend na! Yipee!
No comments:
Post a Comment