Monday, January 26, 2009

Sweet Home Alabama Day 24: Our Sunday Routine

Sunday, January 24, 2009

It's a gloomy day in Mobile, AL. Temperature outside was 58 degrees (F or C)





Apple decided to wear her hair straight today, she woke up late for mass kase...

Wala lang, naisingit ko lang...

The squirrels were all out that day, parang ininvade nila ang Mobile park sa dami nila, they seem to be well-fed kaya mabait sila...





Pero bago namin nakita ang scenario na ito, we went to mass first and then went straight to Pensacola para tumaya sa lotto si Daddy. =) On the way home, Daddy said punta kami ng Mall then have lunch there...

Ang mga malls dito, hindi katulad ng malls sa Cali. There's a small mall near where we live and it's probably the size of Robinsons Sta. Rosa, you walk from one side to the other, nalibot mo na ang mall. Well, T-shaped siya but still, not that big.

The one we went to in Pensacola, exit 35, was called Spanish Fort Town Center. Spanish Fort, AL is a place in the eastern shore, the town center is a new place, ilan pa lang ang open.

Ang pakay ko kaya ko sila niyaya?

I wanted to go to SEPHORA! Hahahaha!

This place is like 45 minutes away from where we live, para ka siguro pumunta from San Pedro, Laguna to Makati? Kasama na konting traffic dun and given na aalis ka before lunch sa house mo? Ewan ko, nasabi ko lang para malinaw. My data is based on my last trip from Laguna to Makati and this was what, 2 years ago?

Hindi ko nakita ang Sephora, wala, nadismaya lang ako... Gutom na kame kase wala pa kaming agahan at lunch and it was already past 1PM, pumunta kame sa katabing mall, humanap ng makakainan.



Yummy wings! Daddy had steak, I hat pot roast, Mommy had wings and fried mushrooms, ang sarap. Nagtakaw tingin, nag-end up to go yung tira! Hehehehe!

We were invited to a friend's house. Friend ni MOm and Dad, kanila Tita Elna for uhm, nakalimutan ko na tawag dun pero Mama Mary was gonna be transferred to another home so may padasal and pakain sila. It was at 5PM and wala pang 4PM so it was still too early so we decided to go to downtown Mobile...

One word: GHOST TOWN...

Sundays kase usually closed most businesses here, Downtown Mobile is no exception. If businesses are open Sundays, they usually close early. Just to prove gaano kawalang tao halos, check out the pics:


When the peeps are away, the squirrels run free...

Echus! Pero yes, infested ng squirrels ang park (as I have mentioned earlier) pero mabait sila, but still, I dare not touch them, ayoko...



The first JAPANESE RESTO na nakita ko since I got here, and yes, it's closed...



Walang gumagalaw, walang kotse sa daan, meron nga, naka-park lang, walang tao...



Mag-picture tayo sa gitna ng isang major street. I bet kapag regular days, nabusinahan na kame ng mga motorista...

I am glad though that there were a lot of these:



Biglang may dumaan na isang lupon ng mga makikisig and blue eyed PAPAs! Bwahahaha! Makunan man lang ang view nila from behind, sundan ko sila, naalala ko kasama ko pala mga magulang ko... Next time na lang boyzzz! Bwahahaha!

More pics in my album... Nakakaloka! Pero I loved the feel, parang old town kase. I was told na people were paid to preserve the old buildings and homes in the area, it's really nice. =)

Downtown Mobile will come to life this coming February because of Mardi Gras! I already saw traces of the parade kase they usually start January pero full blast next month. =)

Did you know that Mardi Gras actually started in Alabama and not in New Orleans? All the while I thought dun siya! Hehehe! Can't wait! =)

Now, if only I can find that nearest Sephora to our place...

No comments:

Post a Comment