That's Mommy saying a little prayer! Hee hee! They say if it's your first time to enter a Church, knock on the door and make a wish! :)
That's the ceiling of the basilica, I just had to take a picture, it's beautiful. :)
Sto. Nino's Chapel. You can line up and make a wish or say a prayer intention inside.
That's Mommy praying to Señor Sto. Niño.
My favorite picture of me and my bestfriend in the Basilica's garden.
And since Magellan's Cross is just nearby, we walked going there. No Cebu tour is complete without visiting this historical and religious landmark.
You will see old women waiting near the entrance holding different colors of candles. Each color represents something you would like for them to pray for on your behalf. Like red is for love, green is for money, etc. Sorry, I do not remember all of them but I think we paid Php5 per candle because I paid them Php20 for 4, although I am not a hundred percent sure! LOL! They would ask for your name and pray then they will place the candles at the foot of the cross, they will not light them. Guess what I asked them to pray for? LOL!
Note: No entrance fee whatsoever on both spots. Accessible by cab, make sure you hold on tight toyour stuff, we were warned of pick pockets and snatchers. Thank God we did not run into one! :)










No comments:
Post a Comment