And yes, it is singles' awareness day today as well! LOL! Go figure! Ahahahaha!
Another year of being single for me. Single since 2006, oh wow, it has definitely been a long time! So you ask, what makes this year different and worth blogging about? Here's why: first, this is my first Valentine's Day in Manila after being away for a long time. Second, this is my first Valentine's Day that I get to spend with my beautiful niece Bella (I am sooo in love with her!). Third, I just feel it's worth blogging about because it feels good celebrating my 28th Valentine's Day diba? LOL!
I really cannot remember how I spent my last 3 Valentine's Day as a single lady so I decided to take note of how I celebrated it today because who knows, this might be the last time I celebrate it single. (Magdilang anghel ka sana Apolonia...) They say 3rd time's the charm, in my case, I hope the 4th time is.
I woke up before noon today, still feeling a bit tired from the wedding we had yesterday (post about that to follow, love love the couple!). I was originally thinking of taking my Mom out Monday to avoid the Valentine's Day rush. I was thinking that most people got paid last Friday so there may be a lot of people out today. I still ended up asking my Mom out for late lunch.
We were already getting ready when my sister, who had a breakfast date with her hubby and baby this morning at Vivere, decided to go with us. We left the house at around 3:30PM and I absolutely had no idea where we were going. All I knew was, there would again be a lot of eating, oh boy!
Mom wanted to do buffet, I wanted CIBO, sister said anything goes. I was already driving along SLEX and we still were clueless. I wanted to go as far as Eastwood, even considered Rockwell, I noticed though that traffic was running smoothly, haaayyy this is the life! Was feeling really lucky that moment, no such thing as Valentine's Day rush after all. After some time, I decided to go to Glorietta. Figured out that we'd have much more things to do there and more options for dining. When we got to Glorietta, I decided to go straight to my favorite bakeshop JiPan and stock up on some delicious breads to take home. I make it a point to do so everytime I am in Glorietta which I rarely get to go to since Makati is quite far and traffic is usually terrible.
After some time trying to decide on where to eat, my sister said we might as well eat somewhere that is not available in Alabang so we ended up picking KAYA Korean Restaurant, which is one of my sister's favorite restaurants. I love their Talangkanin Bibimbop and I remember promising my Mom that we will take her there.
I would have to say that our second time dining at Kaya is much better than our first time. The staff was very friendly, accommodating and the service was fast! The waiters were so nice especially to our little Bella. The food, well, for me it was good since I was already starving that time. Take note: I did not have breakfast and lunch and we got to eat at around 4:30PM. Whoa!
The Talangkanin, as usual, was YUMMY! It had generous serving of squid, shrimps, shitake mushroom, bean sprouts, carrots and bokchoy! The Aligue with the rice was so good and it did not taste malansa at all! I had mine with chili sauce, sooo yummy! Definitely worth ordering when you're there! :)

And since we have been watching a lot of Boys Over Flowers and other Korean shows on TV, I decided to also order their spicy beef noodle soup which was just like the one we would cook (instant) at home. My sister loved it! You can have the waiter cut the noodles so it would be easier for you to eat. The soup is red in color but it is not too spicy, I wish I ordered it to be a lot spicier. It was good though, a bit on the bland side for me but as I've said, my sister loved it.
I also ordered Kalbi Jim which was beef stew. It's beef ribs with a slightly sweet sauce. The meat was literally falling off the bones, it was so tender and had just the right marbling of fat. YUMMY! Bella loved the sauce and had a little bit of beef. Yummy! I always pair this with Kimchi. :)
And of course for our Baby Bella, we ordered chicken which was marinated with the same sauce they use for their Korean Beef Barbecue. This was not in the menu but the waiter was kind enough to suggest it for Bella. It was also yummy and Bella loved it so much. :)
After our meal, my sister Patty was craving for FroYo for dessert. Since I haven't been around Glorietta much, I wasn't sure if there was a good FroYo place nearby. My sister was very specific though when she said she wanted FroYo, she wanted to go to White Hat so we decided to drive back to Alabang Town Center to have our FroYo fix. It was definitely our lucky day since traffic was again smooth flowing and I got a good parking spot at ATC. Nice!
I usually order my FroYo with sliced mango, peach and mochi but due to the high demand for mochi, White Hat usually runs out of mochi everytime I order in the evening. So I decided to try my sister's favorite Cowboy Hat which had brownie slices, chocolate bits and cocopuffs on top and man did I get hooked! I love the sweetness of the chocolate mixed with the slight sourness of the FroYo! White Hat's FroYo has the right amount of sweetness and sourness just like that of Pinkberry's and I love it when paired with the chocolate toppings! I know that it's not as healthy as the fresh fruit toppings, but I just love love it! I am craving for one right now... *slurp*
And as if all the eating wasn't enough, after an hour or so of walking around ATC, we decided to eat at CPK. I was just telling them earlier about how yummy their Original BBQ Chicken Chopped salad is, then we just decided to order it. We had just the salad, the big one for sharing, and nothing else. It was a big hit with my Mom and sister, Bella loved it too especially the crunchy tortilla strips. Yum!

Oh and did I mention that I have been trying so hard to go on a diet? I guess Sunday is cheat day! LOL! And good thing Valentine's Day fell on a Sunday this year. Whew!
I had fun today, tiring but fun! So how did you spend your Valentine's Day? I hope it's as fun and yummy as mine! LOL! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment