Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Creamy Tomato Pasta with Italian Sausage


Category:
Pasta
Style:
Other
Servings:
5

Description:
I was craving for pasta one day when I saw the KFC commercial for their pasta bowls. They have a new one with creamy tomato sauce and I just had to try it. I asked my brother in law, who was on his way home from school to buy me one. It was yummy! Although it would be better if it had more sauce on top as it turned out a bit dry because the pasta already absorbed most of the sauce.

Then I remembered cooking something similar when I was still in the US. When I looked it up online, the recipe usually has just the cream tomato sauce and nothing else. I decided to recreate mine with slices of italian sausage. So I asked my sister to buy the ingredients for me and I will cook it for dinner later.

Just to make sure I remember my version, here's my recipe. :) You may notice the resemblance of the white part of this sauce to my Alfredo recipe! LOL!


Ingredients:
- A pack of Italian Sausage, sliced into bite size pieces (Available in Shopwise, S&R and other delis. I like the garlic one but you may pick whatever you like.)
- 2 packs/cans all purpose cream
- 1 pack/can of tomato sauce or Italian Spaghetti Sauce (best if you get the Italian blend)
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1 cup quickmelt cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Pasta (penne, linguini, spaghetti, whichever you like)

Directions:
1) Fry sausage, after a bit brown on both sides, set aside.
2) Sautee garlic and onion then add back the sausage.
3) Add tomato sauce, stir well. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4) Slowly add cheese to the sauce followed by the all purpose cream, make sure it is stirred well to avoid lumps and to avoid the ingredients from sticking at the bottom of the pan.
5) Prepare the pasta, cook until al dente.
6) You can either mix the pasta with the sauce, make sure you put just the right amount in. Place it in a baking dish, top with mozarella or Italian Cheese blend and bake until cheese is melted or you can just serve the sauce over the pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment