Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Pre-Valentine Wedding: Jmie and Jules

When I was young, I thought it would be both romantic and practical to have you wedding on Valentine's Day. Just a thought, although I kind of decided against it as I got older because there are probably a million others out there who pick Valentine's Day for their wedding day.

All the more did I dismiss the idea of doing it on the day itself, even the day before Valentine's Day when we had a wedding last Saturday, February 13th at EDSA Shangrila. I do not know if it was the timing that was not very ideal or the choice of venue, either way, I made a note to myself to avoid popular Manila/Makati hotels during Valentine's weekend because I absolutely have no plans of sharing my special moment with noisy and unruly teenagers having their JS Prom with their parents in tow. This was exactly what our event had to go through last Saturday. You read that right, gone are the days when your parents would just drop you off. They were there the entire program! And it took the teachers more than 2 hours to finally gather the students for their grand entrance. I was just so relieved when they managed to have all the students inside before we started cocktails.

I had no idea why the couple chose the date for their wedding. Was it because Jmie (the bride) was part Chinese and believes that it's lucky to have it on Chinese New Year? Does it have anything to do with their anniversary? Whatever it was, even with the rowdy teenagers during the reception, their wedding still turned out beautiful. I love this couple, they are probably one of the best we've worked with so far. It was a pleasure working with them and their wedding without a doubt turned out really really lovely in spite of having the JS Prom of some QC school taking place nearby. I just love it when the people we work with are very easy to talk to, considerate, sensitive and appreciative. That was exactly how Jmie and Jules (and their family) were during the entire event. I just love them!

I was in such a hurry that day that I forgot to bring my camera with me. I apologize for the poor photo quality as I had to use my Blackberry the entire time.


Our lovely bride during preps. Love her dress and shoes (Nine West)! Courtesy of the great Cecilio Abad.



Of course, we had a little photo op with Cecilio Abad himself. He makes sure he dresses up all his brides on their special day, I just love that personal touch!


Love it! Beautiful creation from such a talented and down to earth person. :) He is so much fun to be with by the way!

Also, I would like to especially mention the beautiful Mom of the bride. She was so hands on in the entire preparation for the wedding. Jmie's so lucky to have her help out. I call her the Mother Coordinator! Hee hee! Super nice and fun to be with as well!


It was a beautiful wedding, although there was a tiny bit of sadness since the father of the groom passed away recently. We all know though that he was as happy as everyone else who celebrated with Jules and Jmie. They definitely deserve a happy and beautiful day, they're really good people. :) We feel honored being a part of their special day.


Also worth mentioning would be the AWESOME team of EDSA SHANGRILA. My gosh! I cannot help but rave about how efficient, accommodating, hardworking and FANTASTIC they were! This was the first time I had an event at the EDSA Shangrila and everything was just smooth sailing! From the AE Lani Po, to Captain Allan and Mitch and the entire crew. I just love them! Too bad I did not get to take a picture with them. Good job guys!

To Jmie and Jules (and family), thank you for being so warm and accommodating. Most especially for being very appreciative as well. Love you guys! Wishing you all the best and I hope to see you again someday! :)

Love was definitely in the air that day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment