Sunday, November 23, 2008

Apple the Domestic Goddess: My Binagoongang Baboy

Yes, MY recipe of Binagoongang Baboy! Hehehehe! Actually, I got this recipe from a website I frequent: www.pinoycravings.com. Thanks Chef Melo! I love his photos and blog, nakakagutom lagi! Hahahaha!

To my friends who want to try cooking naman, here's another recipe na I am so proud of kaya I am posting it here! Happy cooking! =)

Binagoongang Baboy with Gata
(Pork with Shrimp Paste and Coconut Milk) <--- Naks pang-international, with translation pa! Hehehehe!

Ingredients:
- 1 pound of pork belly with ribs (this is good for sinigang too!) cut into cubes
- Half a bottle of bagoong/shrimp paste (this is actually the leftover bagoong in the fridge, sayang naman kung di magagamit! Hehehehe!) Well, 1/2 cup of bagoong will do.
- 3 teaspoons vinegar
- 1/2 cup of coconut milk (depends on how much you want to put actually, mine is as usual, tancha-tancha lang)
- 6 cloves of garlic, chopped or minced
- 2 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 2 tomatoes (you may add mroe if you want to)
- SUPER DAMI na siling labuyo, chopped (para sa mga uragon! ahahahah! I love spicy food!)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 medium eggplant, cut into small pieces
- Garlic Salt (naks, paano nasingit to?)

- Put pork in stock pot and submerge in water. Out salt, garlic salt and pepper to taste then boil for a minimum of 15 minutes or until tender.
- When pork is tender, in a separate pan, heat 2 tablespoons cooking oil. Sautee garlic then onion then tomato. Add bagoong and sautee for a few more minutes until tomato and onions are soft then add the chopped siling labuyo.
- Add 1/2 cup of pork broth (the liquid you get from boiling the meat) and add the meat afterwards. Simmer again.
- Add 3 teaspoons vinegar. When using ordinary bagoong, add a little sugar for a slight sweet taste and so that it won't be too salty. In my case, I used Barrio Fiesta sweet bagoong so no need for additional sugar. Simmer again.
- When meat is fork tender, add eggplant and coconut milk, simmer for a few more minutes or until sauce is thick.

Serve with steamed white rice!


Yummy! Mine turned out like bicol express! My first attempt to cook Binagoongan was a disaster! I added the entire bottle of bagoong and it was soooooo salty! Kamusta naman ang kidneys? Sayang, no matter how much I tried na retokihin, it won't work. This recipe is a success though!

Happy cooking and Bon Apetit! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment