Anyway, enough about my profession of love for Facebook. I believe Facebook is still a work in progress especially now that they have launched THE NEW FACEBOOK. I still feel that I like the old layout and format but this new one ain't that bad anyway. There's just one thing that bothers me about this new setup.
I like the fact that every change, every move, post or whatever you make on Facebook is being published on the News Feed. Like earlier, I had to change my status twice in 2 minutes because I decided to just remove one letter. I mean, that was just really minor but Facebook published it anyways. I love the News Feed, keeps me updated regularly except for the part where you chose not to disclose or post your relationship status online, I tell you, IT IS VERY MISLEADING!
So when you sign up, it would ask you info about yourself, and just like other social networks it would ask for your relationship status. So if you're single, just like yours truly, you click on SINGLE then save. We all know too that somewhere down the road, you would like to just keep your relationship status to yourself or probably create an element of mystery about yourself, we can actually remove that part on our profile.
And yes, News Feed actually publishes that change in our profile in the News Feed, it looks like this:

Hi, Chiqui! Sorry I had to use yours, I hope you don't mind! Trust me, you weren't the first one who sounded off a false alarm. I had several other girl friends in the past who fell victim to this little Facebook BooBoo, that's why I felt the urge to write this. Comment me anytime you want me to remove this! Hahahaha! I hope not though! =)
Okay, so if your friends see that you are no longer listed as single, and you are never married, never divorced and the only acceptable statuses are: SINGLE, IN A RELATIONSHIP, ENGAGED, IT'S COMPLICATED (yes I had to include that because per Friendster, that is now ACCEPTABLE!), MARRIED and DIVORCED, your friends, who I believe are in their right minds, would think or assume that if you are no longer listed as single and you're never married, that you are now seeing someone thus making you in a relationship or married all of a sudden (this is possible right?).
So... If you are no longer listed as single, because you decided not to put in your profile your relationship status, shouldn't they be saying that Apple is no longer listed SINGLE because she decided not to tell the world that at 26, all of her friends have boyfriends and are married and she is STILL SINGLE. Or just simply say that Apple chose to remove her relationship status from her profile.
I know that this is not a big deal, but for me, it kinda is. You know how playful my mind is sometimes. I have what ifs like: if the guy I have been crushing on and have been giving me a lot of attention on Facebook read my sudden change in status and reads all the comments from my friends about how happy they are that I have now coupled up, what if he suddenly stops messaging me or giving me comments??? What if I didn't get the chance to explain myself because I wasn't able to login Facebook... Okay okay! I know I get to do Facebook REGULARLY but as I've said, that is a WHAT IF. What if? Whatever will happen to beautiful girls like me (ehem! ehem!) and my other pretty single girl friends here in Facebook who just made one minor change? What will happen to our shot on love? Hahahahaha!
Anyway, I just decided to do nothing on my profile info for now, especially the relationship status part. I am single, and I think the world needs to know that especially the males! Bwahahaha! I am kidding, I am just stating a fact therefor I click on Single.
I am single and happy, thank you. But as I've said in my previous entry, a little coochie coochie wouldn't hurt also. =)
Till next time! Enjoy! ;-)
CHEERS TO MY SINGLE AND FAB GIRL FRIENDS HERE IN FACEBOOK! =) Someday girls, someday! =)
No comments:
Post a Comment