Sunday, August 2, 2009

Salamat President Cory Aquino


I already saw it coming... In fact, I was praying for all her pain to end, I feel she's had enough and on August 1, 2009, at 3:18 AM, President Corazon Cojuangco Aquino joined our Creator and her beloved Senator Ninoy Aquino.

She has lived a full life which why she was able to bravely face her battle with cancer, and eventually, her death. I may only be 4 years old during People Power 1, and may not have understood everything back then but Tita Cory's greatness transcended generations, touched people's lives, even those who were not even born yet at the time she became president and the mother of democracy.

You inspire me Tita Cory. I shed tears of sadness when you passed away but I know your legacy will live on. You are one of my role models, you make me proud to be Filipino, you make me even prouder to be a FILIPINA!

I pray that I can touch other people's lives as much as you did. It may be too much to ask for but I know that in my own special way, I can do it!

Thank you Tita Cory, thank you for everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment