EMOTICONS ON! Just got inspired to blog today, Emote mode on! Hahahaha! Enjoy!
I was reading through some new posts from my friends and came across this blog from Sarah about the Mean Time Girl. I know that I have read this one before but it didn't have any impact on me back then but reading it again just made me think about my current status, single but fixated on just one guy, in short, I am a certified Mean Time Girl.
As if being single and lonely ain't bad enough but what the heck, I'd rather be absolutely single, not seeing anyone, than be single, un-attached but is totally hung up on one guy. Friends are telling me that I need diversion. To be honest, I think I have a lot of better things to do, it's just that I choose to wait in vain till my Mr. Big comes to his senses and finally realizes that I could be more than a Mean Time Girl...
Anyways, here's the entry I copied from Sarah's blog, again personalized since, yes, this is MY BLOG:
What is a meantime girl?
(Ehem?)
She's the one you spend time with when you're bored,
(Like when he's not too busy, got nothing better to do, he calls on you for play time...)
the one you call in the middle of the night because you just want to talk,
(Even if you know you have a shift early the following day, you decide to stay up really late then go home on time the following day not to sleep but because you want to spend time with him again...)
the one you can depend on anytime, anywhere...
(Literally, ANYtime, ANYwhere...)
goes with the flow and she is like a switch you can turn on when you want to and turn off when you have something else to do...
(OMFG! Bulls eye!)
with her you're comfortable and get to be who you really are.
(Coz he knows that no matter what he does, even if he doesn't shave, doesn't dress up, even if he's fresh from bed or harassed after work, he knows that you still ADORE him!)
she has minimal demands and is low maintenance.
(Because to start with, you know you do not have the right to demand... You are between friends and couplehood, no strings attached... Special friends maybe?)
she makes you feel good and shows you total devotion and loves you unconditionally despite your imperfections.
(Guurrraawwwssss! Mushiness to the Nth level! But yeah, that's a fact...)
she's your best-friend, trouble shooter, lover, pillow, blanket, angel...
(Been called 4 names out of the 6 mentioned above... Sigh!)
but why she remains a meantime girl??..sadly because she's been too available ..unchallenged and has nothing else to offer...
(Un-challenging because you are there at his beck and call... And why does it remain that way? Because you chose to let things stay that way. You tell yourself every single day that you are gonna stop thinking of him, that you will not contact him unless he contacts you first, that you will not let his charms get his way with you... But every single day, you fail... And every single day you still go back to your old ways. He is a hard habit to break, it breaks your heart and makes you feel ecstatic at the same time. Feels good when he's around but feels so lonely when he's not. You always wait in vain until he comes around... Happy when he does but at the end of it you realize he is not entirely yours and you will go back waiting again...)
No comments:
Post a Comment